Everyday is Mother’s Day!
I had the pleasure of going home to Duval for a minute w/ my lady and oooooweee my Momma was cookin! Here are some of the tasty treats she had for us while we were there…. Thanks Momma! I love you!
Tail for Valentine’s
Tuned in to Tuna
Olive Oil Seared Yellowfin Ahi Tuna over 5-Grain Medley of Cous Cous, Orzo, Quinoa & Red Bean w/ Zucchini, Yellow Squash & Shitake Mushrooms. Finished w/ a Tomato, Cucumber & Sherry Vinegar Relish.
Tunacious D (Part 2)
Yeah, you know it! Yeah, yeah, you know it! These days I’m not really eating fish too often, but I’ll be damned if I can’t cook up some of that ole fly fish ish!
- Black Sesame Crusted Wild-Caught Ahi Tuna
- Israeli Cous Cous and harvest grain blend (Trader Joe’s) – cooked in veggie stock
- Organic Cherry Tomatoes
- Brocolli Crowns
- Organic Mixed Greens (Arugula, Radicchio, Baby Spinach, Romaine)
- Organic Strawberries
- Kosher Salt, Fresh Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon
Top FLR Tuesdays
Shouts to me good homie, Jason Ware, who holds it down in one of my new favorite ATL establishments, Top FLR. This is a real dope spot, located on Ponce de Leon, like 2 blocks East of Peachtree Rd. (For my ATLiens) – It’s right next to Papi’s Cuban spot (which is also some of the best Cubano cuisine in the A) – Anywho – DJ Mafioso, of Binkis Recs and mucho mas plays there every Tuesday night – and the food is bangin!! I had the Sauteed Root Veggies (Parsnips, Carrots, Tri-Color Potatoes, and Turnips), as well as the Wild Mushroom Spaetzle (BANGIN!) – but neglected to bring my camera (Waa Waa) – special shouts to DJ Enchant’d who hooked up the flicks – and to Mafioso for giving me a gang of his DJ food! Ha!
So I had an Ahi Tuna steak (Wild caught) leftover from from the sessions with Dave West and I needed to flip a quick meal before I jetted out to Murphy’s to go work (This will all take 20 minutes tops, including prep):
- I had this delicious harvest grains blend: Israeli Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans, and Red Quinoa- off the ganchos! I braised some baby carrots, garlic, onions, spinach and yellow squash in a vegetable stock and added those as well for a little extra flavor to the grains.
- The tuna was crusted in black peppercorn and black sesame seeds, and skillet-seared in a sesame/olive oil blend.
The last post of the meal with Supa Dave West did not end with the dumplings. Dummy. Don’t you know how we get down yet? The next day turned into one long session as we worked on 2 joints – yo we were starving! Luckily, Katrina (holla!) from my job wanted to pick up my shift, so I was able to post at the crib and hop in the kitchen. This is just some ole ish I threw together.
- Wild Caught Ahi Tuna – (yeah its frozen but, you know . . .) pan-seared in oilve oil, covered in cracked black peppercorn with fresh lemon juice .
- The pasta is a rice rigatoni (gluten-free), while the sauce is a standard organic marianara, doctored up with a sautee of fresh garlic, spinach, and portabellos.
- On the side are crispy polenta cakes, infused with herbs.